Sometimes you can’t find toast, so pasta will have to do. Actually, I just wanted to get rid of my leftover thick spaghetti pasta that I had lying around the fridge. But honestly, this was delicious. Much more delicious than I expected it to be.
- 1/2 Tbsp of butter
- 1 Egg
- Shredded cheese
- 1/2 tsp chicken bouillon
- Spices (garlic salt, Italian seasoning, cayenne, crushed red pepper)
- Toss the butter into a pan and let it melt out on low heat. Mix in the chicken bouillon.
- Throw in your boiled pasta. I probably used less than a quarter of a box.
- Sprinkle in the Italian seasoning and crushed red peppers.
- Add just a little shredded cheese.
- Fry up an egg! Sunny-side, over-easy, whatever floats your boat.
- Throw your pasta onto a plate, top with more shredded cheese and crushed red pepper.
- Lay your fried egg on top. Sprinkle on some more Italian seasoning, a pinch of garlic salt and some cayenne pepper.
- Happy eating!
In hindsight, I would replace the mozzarella I used with my aged parmesan. We bought giant blocks from Trader Joe’s and grated a bunch to store in the fridge a while back. They’ve been my go-to cheeses for everything. I’m a big fan of grating your own cheese now. It’s a little more work, but I think it’s fun and definitely tastier!