Hi friends! What’s new, what’s new. I feel like I fell off the face of the earth for a little bit there. It’s like I got sucked into a giant black hole and I have no idea how much time has passed so recapping this month may be a wee bit difficult. Let’s see, let’s see.
- I just booked another fight for the first week of October! Woohoo! This will be my fourth fight in a year and a half since I started learning muay thai, which is pretty mind-blowing to me haha. We’ve just started another training camp this past week and I may be dying a little bit.
- I got my second tattoo finished! It’s been sitting around an unfilled outline for a few months now. We’ve got one more touch up / highlight session to go, but that should be a quickie.
- I turned 24! I have been on this planet for two dozen years now. Man, oh man, why does that feel so old. It was a stellar birthday though. I had food and drinks with some of my gym family, got korean barbeque with my sisters and parents, then finished it all off with a steak dinner at Mastro’s with the bae.
- I started learning Korean! I’ve wanted to pick up another language for a long time. I was looking at Chinese and Japanese as well, but felt like reading Korean would be easier to learn. Plus, now I can shameless watch K-dramas all night because it now counts as “studying”.
….I think that’s it, folks! This month has been a lot more relaxed, I’ve spent most of my time hanging out with the new kitty, working on my korean and watching TV. It’s been a good change of pace.
Hope you all had a wonderful August! Here’s to September adventures!
July has been an amaaaaazing month. There’s been a lot going on, but I’m so excited and happy about all of it. I was driving home the other day and realized it’s been a long time since I’ve felt extremely sad or angry about something. How crazy is that? I remember in highschool and college just being in a constant emotional flux. Everything was unstable and stressful and overwhelming. Honestly, your teens feel like a constant identity crisis. Not that everything is always peachy now, but the average trends much higher and I’m thankful for that. My life’s just been in a really good place lately and I’m feeling incredibly lucky. Things get better kids, tough it out! Anywho, here’s July for me.
- I kicked off the month by winning my third amateur muay thai fight on July 1st! It was a decisive win against a much more experienced opponent. So while I’m not 100% happy with my performance, I’m proud of the outcome.
- I got a cat! Meet Ro, the cuddlebug extraordinaire. I’ve never met a cat this affectionate. We were originally looking for a full black or gray cat, but this little guy picked us, so we took him home and it’s been nonstop snuggles ever since.
- We just went to Vegas this past weekend, woo! Vegas isn’t normally my cup of tea, but I got to see some old college friends that I don’t see nearly enough. I miss them already.
In other smaller news..
- We bought tickets to Austin City Limits! Here we come Texas! (…in like three months though).
- I planted new pepper plants. Huzzah for a new garden!
- My friend gifted me a used Cintiq tablet so I can resume artsing pretty soon.
Things are starting to calm down a little and I’m looking forward to August being a month full of reading and continuing to furnish my new place. (Is it still new if I’ve been here for close to three months?)
Hope you’ve all been having a wonderful July!