Hi friends! What’s new, what’s new. I feel like I fell off the face of the earth for a little bit there. It’s like I got sucked into a giant black hole and I have no idea how much time has passed so recapping this month may be a wee bit difficult. Let’s see, let’s see.
- I just booked another fight for the first week of October! Woohoo! This will be my fourth fight in a year and a half since I started learning muay thai, which is pretty mind-blowing to me haha. We’ve just started another training camp this past week and I may be dying a little bit.
- I got my second tattoo finished! It’s been sitting around an unfilled outline for a few months now. We’ve got one more touch up / highlight session to go, but that should be a quickie.
- I turned 24! I have been on this planet for two dozen years now. Man, oh man, why does that feel so old. It was a stellar birthday though. I had food and drinks with some of my gym family, got korean barbeque with my sisters and parents, then finished it all off with a steak dinner at Mastro’s with the bae.
- I started learning Korean! I’ve wanted to pick up another language for a long time. I was looking at Chinese and Japanese as well, but felt like reading Korean would be easier to learn. Plus, now I can shameless watch K-dramas all night because it now counts as “studying”.
….I think that’s it, folks! This month has been a lot more relaxed, I’ve spent most of my time hanging out with the new kitty, working on my korean and watching TV. It’s been a good change of pace.
Hope you all had a wonderful August! Here’s to September adventures!
July has been an amaaaaazing month. There’s been a lot going on, but I’m so excited and happy about all of it. I was driving home the other day and realized it’s been a long time since I’ve felt extremely sad or angry about something. How crazy is that? I remember in highschool and college just being in a constant emotional flux. Everything was unstable and stressful and overwhelming. Honestly, your teens feel like a constant identity crisis. Not that everything is always peachy now, but the average trends much higher and I’m thankful for that. My life’s just been in a really good place lately and I’m feeling incredibly lucky. Things get better kids, tough it out! Anywho, here’s July for me.
- I kicked off the month by winning my third amateur muay thai fight on July 1st! It was a decisive win against a much more experienced opponent. So while I’m not 100% happy with my performance, I’m proud of the outcome.
- I got a cat! Meet Ro, the cuddlebug extraordinaire. I’ve never met a cat this affectionate. We were originally looking for a full black or gray cat, but this little guy picked us, so we took him home and it’s been nonstop snuggles ever since.
- We just went to Vegas this past weekend, woo! Vegas isn’t normally my cup of tea, but I got to see some old college friends that I don’t see nearly enough. I miss them already.
In other smaller news..
- We bought tickets to Austin City Limits! Here we come Texas! (…in like three months though).
- I planted new pepper plants. Huzzah for a new garden!
- My friend gifted me a used Cintiq tablet so I can resume artsing pretty soon.
Things are starting to calm down a little and I’m looking forward to August being a month full of reading and continuing to furnish my new place. (Is it still new if I’ve been here for close to three months?)
Hope you’ve all been having a wonderful July!
Holy Moly friends. It’s been ages. If you noticed I didn’t get around to posting a May Book Reviews post, it’s because….drumroll please…I didn’t finish any.
I know, book blogger blasphemy. It’s not that I haven’t been reading, life’s just been really really nutso over here lately so didn’t quite knock one out last month. In the past couple of months…
- I got promoted! Woo! But work’s also been banana pancakes.
- My go-to muay thai gym caught on fire D: We’ve since rebuilt in a new location, but stuff was madness while I was helping out my coach for a little while there.
- I moved! Finally out in my own apartment with no roommates. Feeling like a real pretend grown-up, but man, there is sooo much to do when you move. (I may or may not still be surrounded by boxes).
- I sprained my knee. It’s all better now, but April through May was just weeks of slow healing. Patience? Not my forte.
I think that’s the jist of it. Needless to say, I just haven’t had too much downtime as of late. Things are starting to settle though and I’m really looking forward to catching up on my TBRs and all of your lovely posts, comments and tags. More coming soon friends!
Whoo! First update in the new year! Granted it is barely in time for this month. Anyways, this first month has been extremely busy for me. Between the holidays and work nonsense, I’ve managed to pack a lot into January.
- I started volunteering at the Forte Dog Rescue! It’s hands down the best part of this year so far and I’m planning on a post dedicated to that experience.
- My Book Goals for this year is 35 books, which is a little more than double what I read in the last six months of 2015. Figure that’s a fair estimate. I’ve read 3 so far, so we’re on track for the year!
- I created a RedBubble shop! There’s not much in it now, but I’ll upload new works soon that you can purchase as prints, apparel, phone cases and more. I’ll update you when new works are posted.
- The LA Art Show was this weekend! I dragged a couple of coworkers/friends along with me and we went through all the exhibits in the last two hours. Seeing great art always inspires me to go home and make something. This painting above by Francoise Nielly was one of my favorites!
I’ve also spent a lot of time bar-hopping, movie-watching (go see Anomalisa!), and as usual, tons of eating and reading. Work’s been a little hectic, a lot of coworkers have left so there’s been way too many a goodbye party, and a lot of changes in the office. Outside of work though, I’ve started picking up art commissions again and it’s been good practice. Trying to invest my time more so into the people and things that I care about and less into idle screen time. Hope you’re all having a great start to the new year! For those of you who celebrate it, Happy Early Lunar New Year!
It’s that time of month again! Happy Belated Thanksgiving to all of you in the States! I spent mine eating nonstop for 72 hours. Winter is my favorite season by far. This month it really started to cool down and feel like winter here in Southern California. So I’m a happy camper. Anyways, here’s what’s new.
- My hair! I took a Friday off and got my hair done with my older sister. I’ve never dyed my hair before, but I love the natural ombre I got done. Looooving it.
- I started pen-pal-ing! I got my first letter from my penpal in Singapore yesterday and I’m so excited for more. Snail mail is not dead and there’s plenty of ways to get involved!
- Alan bought me Life is Strange on Black Friday and I’ve sunk 5 hours into it already. Full of teen angst, a drop of supernatural and a whole lot of music and mystery. It’s like an interactive teenage indie series.
- Alan and I had a very low-key two-year anniversary. Strange how it feels like longer and shorter than two years at the same time. Cheers to the next one!
- Designer Con! We got tickets from to the Pasadena Designer Con from a couple of our friends and it was an amazing experience. There were tons of artists and toy designers and it was pretty inspirational talking to them about their work. Alan and I both picked up a few prints each. Not bad for my first con!
Other than that, I’ve been trying to keep my weekends pretty quiet. I usually go out with a friend or two to coffee shops and spend an entire day just reading or studying. Good company knows how to enjoy the quiet. My favorite spot lately is The Classic Coffee downtown. Anyways, hope your Novembers have all been just as great! It’s already starting to feel like the holidays.
Hullo there! A little overdue, but here’s my October Bits n’ Pieces! It’s finally starting to feel like fall here in Southern California. We’ve even been getting a teensy bit of rainfall these past couple of days. Cue my happy rain dance! I’m a sucker for gloomy, rainy weather. Maybe I shouldn’t live in socal…
Anyways, as usual, here’s what’s new:
- Happy Halloween!
- I’m learning Korean! I’ve got a trip to Asia planned for either next year or the year after. That’s plenty of time to pick up basic conversational skills. Plus, I’ve got so much free time now that I’m working, why not learn a language?
- My latest food obsession? Hotpot! Or shabu shabu or any version of boiling hot soup and delicious melt-in-your-mouth meat. Might do a post on my favorite places soon, but we’ve also been making it quite often in the apartment! Anyone interested in a recipe for that?
- Dying to dye my hair. Ha ha, very punny I am. Really though, I’ve been having dreams about it. I’m finally heading to the salon this Friday to get it done!
- My first real projects as a working developer are live! You can check out what card you need in your life with the Visa Card Advisor or go off-roading in a new Honda Pioneer vehicle! I learned so much on these two projects and both of my teams were awesome possum.
Other than that, life’s honestly been feeling so settled lately. I’ve been getting antsy for things to change or something new to happen. It’s been an interesting period, but I’m working on being content with where I am and being grateful for the stability/security I have in life. Trying to enjoy the small quiet moments a little more, you know?
Hello my happy clams!
I’ve been away from this space for quite some time now. I mean I’ve been here and I’ve been reading all your wonderful posts, but I took some much needed space from writing my own. But I’m back! And as usual, here’s what’s new.
- I got a nasty viral respiratory thing a couple of weeks ago, but had to keep working through the fevers because of project deadlines. Work was killer.
- BUT. My project manager bought us all these tanks to celebrate what we managed to knock out together. Our team was mostly female, which doesn’t happen too often in tech. So very cool thing to have been a part of.
- I recently bought this book on copperplate calligraphy and it’s an amazing resource for a beginner. Also picked up a new set of Zebra Comic G and Nikko G nibs.
- Puppy-craze is at an all-time high. I spent this past weekend dog-sitting for a good friend of mine and fell in love with his pup. I want to rescue one, but current apartment is a no-go on dogs. If you’re looking, he found the adorable cuddlebug above at the Forte Animal Rescue. You can read his specific story here.
- This weekend I’m shipping the baby sister off to college, which is a such a weird feeling. In my head she’s eternally four years old in hot pink cheetah pjs playing with a hula doll. Sigh. Time.
And that’s what’s happening here. Oh, also, I turned 22. So woohoo for that! Anyway, it’s past midnight and this girl’s got laundry to finish and work tomorrow morning. More posts coming your way soon!