Hi friends! What’s new, what’s new. I feel like I fell off the face of the earth for a little bit there. It’s like I got sucked into a giant black hole and I have no idea how much time has passed so recapping this month may be a wee bit difficult. Let’s see, let’s see.
- I just booked another fight for the first week of October! Woohoo! This will be my fourth fight in a year and a half since I started learning muay thai, which is pretty mind-blowing to me haha. We’ve just started another training camp this past week and I may be dying a little bit.
- I got my second tattoo finished! It’s been sitting around an unfilled outline for a few months now. We’ve got one more touch up / highlight session to go, but that should be a quickie.
- I turned 24! I have been on this planet for two dozen years now. Man, oh man, why does that feel so old. It was a stellar birthday though. I had food and drinks with some of my gym family, got korean barbeque with my sisters and parents, then finished it all off with a steak dinner at Mastro’s with the bae.
- I started learning Korean! I’ve wanted to pick up another language for a long time. I was looking at Chinese and Japanese as well, but felt like reading Korean would be easier to learn. Plus, now I can shameless watch K-dramas all night because it now counts as “studying”.
….I think that’s it, folks! This month has been a lot more relaxed, I’ve spent most of my time hanging out with the new kitty, working on my korean and watching TV. It’s been a good change of pace.
Hope you all had a wonderful August! Here’s to September adventures!
July has been an amaaaaazing month. There’s been a lot going on, but I’m so excited and happy about all of it. I was driving home the other day and realized it’s been a long time since I’ve felt extremely sad or angry about something. How crazy is that? I remember in highschool and college just being in a constant emotional flux. Everything was unstable and stressful and overwhelming. Honestly, your teens feel like a constant identity crisis. Not that everything is always peachy now, but the average trends much higher and I’m thankful for that. My life’s just been in a really good place lately and I’m feeling incredibly lucky. Things get better kids, tough it out! Anywho, here’s July for me.
- I kicked off the month by winning my third amateur muay thai fight on July 1st! It was a decisive win against a much more experienced opponent. So while I’m not 100% happy with my performance, I’m proud of the outcome.
- I got a cat! Meet Ro, the cuddlebug extraordinaire. I’ve never met a cat this affectionate. We were originally looking for a full black or gray cat, but this little guy picked us, so we took him home and it’s been nonstop snuggles ever since.
- We just went to Vegas this past weekend, woo! Vegas isn’t normally my cup of tea, but I got to see some old college friends that I don’t see nearly enough. I miss them already.
In other smaller news..
- We bought tickets to Austin City Limits! Here we come Texas! (…in like three months though).
- I planted new pepper plants. Huzzah for a new garden!
- My friend gifted me a used Cintiq tablet so I can resume artsing pretty soon.
Things are starting to calm down a little and I’m looking forward to August being a month full of reading and continuing to furnish my new place. (Is it still new if I’ve been here for close to three months?)
Hope you’ve all been having a wonderful July!
So this is entirely un-bookish, but this blog hasn’t always been a purely book blog and it’ll probably continue on that way. I hope you don’t mind the occasional life and other things post. Don’t worry, there are still plenty of book posts in the pipeline. Anyways, I’ve always wanted my own place to have a clear sense of style and design. That’s really hard to do when you’re always sharing your space with other people, whether that’s family or roommates or whoever.
So now that I’ve officially got a place just for me and the bae (and soon, a kitty or two), I’ve been slowly accumulating furniture and decorations for our little home. I think my original ideas were slightly different, but taking all of my boyfriend’s tastes and things into account, I ended up deciding on more of an industrial style with lots of blues, oranges, and metal tones laid over a white, black and grey foundation. Everything is still very much so in progress, so no pics of the space yet! But here are some of my picks from my Pinterest board, so you can get a sense of what I have in mind for my new place. I’ll be posting updates of my various rooms as we furnish them!
I loved the idea of black mismatched chairs and a wooden table, but ultimately, getting a complete dining set was a lot more budget friendly for us. So we picked one that fit as closely as possible, but it was definitely a compromise on something that I had previously been pretty decided on.
This is a pretty wide range of colors, but I think it’s a strong guide for what we’re aiming for throughout the whole apartment. The kitchen is a little bit more ash-wood heavy with golds and greens. The living room is a lot of black, deep blues with more orange and gold highlights. The bedroom as it stands is very white and gray with hints of a deep brown and some rich blues.
We’ve made a lot of slow progress so far! Our main furniture pieces came in recently and I finally got around to assembling them while I was home sick over the weekend. Can’t wait to share more pics in a few weeks!
Also, there’s just a couple more weeks left for my A Darker Shade of Magic Giveaway! Don’t forget to sign up! 🙂
This week has been craziness. I’ve just been swamped with work, even my poor weekend. Insert quiet sobbing here. It has been ages since I’ve done a BnP post though and there’s much to catch up on. Here’s what’s new in the world of Jeannie.
- I may or may not have gotten a tattoo. Oh wait, I definitely did. It was such an awesome experience and I’ll be sharing it with you all soon!
- In case you hadn’t noticed, I accidentally became a book blog. This is first and foremost a lifestyle blog, but it turns out books are a pretty huge part of my life. Plus, I’m starting to discover wonderful book blogs out there that really just make me want to read more. It’s fabulous.
- Since every girl could use another hobby, I started learning calligraphy! Got super inspired after seeing this girl here.
- Lastly, my garden is blooming! The picture above was probably a month and half ago. That container is now bursting over with herbs. All the small pots have been replanted into bigger ones and I’ve brought up quite a few more new plants. It’s been amazing having fresh herbs and produce right upstairs. It’s really changed the way we’ve been eating lately.
Well that’s what’s new with me. What’s new with you?