Hi friends! What’s new, what’s new. I feel like I fell off the face of the earth for a little bit there. It’s like I got sucked into a giant black hole and I have no idea how much time has passed so recapping this month may be a wee bit difficult. Let’s see, let’s see.
- I just booked another fight for the first week of October! Woohoo! This will be my fourth fight in a year and a half since I started learning muay thai, which is pretty mind-blowing to me haha. We’ve just started another training camp this past week and I may be dying a little bit.
- I got my second tattoo finished! It’s been sitting around an unfilled outline for a few months now. We’ve got one more touch up / highlight session to go, but that should be a quickie.
- I turned 24! I have been on this planet for two dozen years now. Man, oh man, why does that feel so old. It was a stellar birthday though. I had food and drinks with some of my gym family, got korean barbeque with my sisters and parents, then finished it all off with a steak dinner at Mastro’s with the bae.
- I started learning Korean! I’ve wanted to pick up another language for a long time. I was looking at Chinese and Japanese as well, but felt like reading Korean would be easier to learn. Plus, now I can shameless watch K-dramas all night because it now counts as “studying”.
….I think that’s it, folks! This month has been a lot more relaxed, I’ve spent most of my time hanging out with the new kitty, working on my korean and watching TV. It’s been a good change of pace.
Hope you all had a wonderful August! Here’s to September adventures!
July has been an amaaaaazing month. There’s been a lot going on, but I’m so excited and happy about all of it. I was driving home the other day and realized it’s been a long time since I’ve felt extremely sad or angry about something. How crazy is that? I remember in highschool and college just being in a constant emotional flux. Everything was unstable and stressful and overwhelming. Honestly, your teens feel like a constant identity crisis. Not that everything is always peachy now, but the average trends much higher and I’m thankful for that. My life’s just been in a really good place lately and I’m feeling incredibly lucky. Things get better kids, tough it out! Anywho, here’s July for me.
- I kicked off the month by winning my third amateur muay thai fight on July 1st! It was a decisive win against a much more experienced opponent. So while I’m not 100% happy with my performance, I’m proud of the outcome.
- I got a cat! Meet Ro, the cuddlebug extraordinaire. I’ve never met a cat this affectionate. We were originally looking for a full black or gray cat, but this little guy picked us, so we took him home and it’s been nonstop snuggles ever since.
- We just went to Vegas this past weekend, woo! Vegas isn’t normally my cup of tea, but I got to see some old college friends that I don’t see nearly enough. I miss them already.
In other smaller news..
- We bought tickets to Austin City Limits! Here we come Texas! (…in like three months though).
- I planted new pepper plants. Huzzah for a new garden!
- My friend gifted me a used Cintiq tablet so I can resume artsing pretty soon.
Things are starting to calm down a little and I’m looking forward to August being a month full of reading and continuing to furnish my new place. (Is it still new if I’ve been here for close to three months?)
Hope you’ve all been having a wonderful July!
Holy Moly friends. It’s been ages. If you noticed I didn’t get around to posting a May Book Reviews post, it’s because….drumroll please…I didn’t finish any.
I know, book blogger blasphemy. It’s not that I haven’t been reading, life’s just been really really nutso over here lately so didn’t quite knock one out last month. In the past couple of months…
- I got promoted! Woo! But work’s also been banana pancakes.
- My go-to muay thai gym caught on fire D: We’ve since rebuilt in a new location, but stuff was madness while I was helping out my coach for a little while there.
- I moved! Finally out in my own apartment with no roommates. Feeling like a real pretend grown-up, but man, there is sooo much to do when you move. (I may or may not still be surrounded by boxes).
- I sprained my knee. It’s all better now, but April through May was just weeks of slow healing. Patience? Not my forte.
I think that’s the jist of it. Needless to say, I just haven’t had too much downtime as of late. Things are starting to settle though and I’m really looking forward to catching up on my TBRs and all of your lovely posts, comments and tags. More coming soon friends!